Fundraising and Financial Donations
The Palm Beach Museum of Natural History is a tax exempt 501(c)3 organization and contributions are tax deductible under section 170 of the Internal Revenue Code. We are also qualified to receive tax deductible bequests, devices, transfers, or gifts under section 2055, 2106, or 2522 of the Code.
Donations may be "earmarked" for particular projects or museum acquisitions. Naming opportunities may also be negotiated for significant contributions.
The Museum is currently supported by the volunteer efforts of its Board of Trustees and Staff - no salaries are paid and all our efforts go to building what we know will be an fantastic addition to our community and to public education in the sciences.
Please help us to build a great museum! You can help with financial support for any of the following:
- For Expedition Ice Age: The addition of replica sloth, mammoth, giant short-faced bear, and other skeletons. General exhibit construction funds.
- For Expedition Conquistador: The acquisition of authentic and replica arms and armor. Exhibit manikins, both human and horse. General exhibit construction funds.
- For Expedition Origins: The acquisition of replica skeletons of "Lucy", Homo erectus, Neanderthal, and a modern human. General exhibit construction funds.
- For Paleontology Research: Funding for specimen and core sample analysis. CT scanning of amber specimens. General funding for recurring field expeditions to the Dakotas. Funding for a field expedition to Morocco to be conducted within the next two years.
- For Anthropology and Ethnohistory Research: Funding for specimen analysis and DNA testing to determine age and paleo-diets. C-14 dating of specimens. Funding for the stabilization of the South Florida Archaeological Collection to included environmental storage, re-boxing and re-bagging of the collection.
- And of course, general operating funds that will permit us to obtain a venue where we can share all these amazing things with you and the public.
Collection Loans and Donations
We are also seeking to expand the variety and scope of our collections via permanent or long term loans from private individuals wishing to share their personal collections with the public. Collections may also be donated outright or for tax benefits. If you would like to donate or loan a collection or an individual artifact or specimen to the Museum please contact our Director, Mr. Rudolph F. Pascucci, at (561) 729-4246 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Loans may be of varying length and you may specify the terms and conditions under which the Museum may make use of your material. We would also be happy to acknowledge your contribution on any associated exhibit signs or labels.
A formal pledge of any donation or loan conditioned upon the eventual location of the Museum would be highly useful in planning our space requirements and future exhibits. And a pledge from you would be a great way to help establish and demonstrate the community support needed to make the Museum a success!